Skip to main content

N. Korea says it's still Waiting to talk to US 'at any time

The decision by US President Donald Trump to cancel the summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is “not in line with the world’s wishes,” the government in Pyongyang has announced.



Kim has made the “utmost efforts” to hold a summit with Trump, said the North Korean first vice minister for foreign affairs, Kim Kye-gwan, according to the state news agency KCNA. The meeting between two leaders was scheduled for June 12 in Singapore.

Pyongyang is “still willing to resolve issues with the United States,” the official said, holding onto the hope that the meeting could still be rescheduled


Our goal and will to do everything for peace and stability of the Korean peninsula and mankind remains unchanged, and we are always willing to give time and opportunity to the US side with an open mind,” Kim Kye-gwan said. “We reiterate to the US that there is a willingness to sit down at any time, in any way, to solve the problem.”

Trump canceled the planned summit on Thursday morning, citing “tremendous anger and open hostility” in the most recent statement from North Korea, in a letter personally addressed to Kim Jong-un.

The announcement came just a few hours after North Korea destroyed its nuclear testing site at Punggye-ri.

Trump was referring to the statement by North Korea's vice-foreign minister Choe Son-hui, who called Vice President Mike Pence a “political dummy” over his comparison of North Korea to Libya.

“I think I understand why that happened,” the US president said cryptically about North Korea’s change of tone. Earlier in the week, in a meeting with South Korean President Moon Jae-in, Trump brought up Kim’s second trip to China as the point where rhetoric began to escalate, but he said he did not want to blame Chinese leader Xi Jinping.

North Korean officials took offense at the comparisons with Libya, first made by National Security Adviser John Bolton, pointing out that the North African country accepted the US' offer to denuclearize in 2003, only to be subjected to a US-backed regime change and plunged into chaos in 2011.

Russia reacted to the summit’s cancellation with regret, President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday.

“We were very much anticipating a significant step to be taken to de-escalate the situation on the Korean Peninsula that would become the beginning of the process of denuclearization," he said after talks with his French counterpart, Emmanuel Macron, in St. Petersburg.a

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tomato fight! Valencia celebrates annual festival

سوات میں جلسہ ضرور ہوگا-پشتون تحفظ تحریک

 —  وائس آف امریکہ پشتون تحفظ تحریک اتوار کو سوات میں جلسہ منعقد کرنے جا رہی ہے لیکن تحریک سے وابستہ رہنماؤں کا کہنا ہے کہ انھیں یہاں بھی ایسی ہی مشکل صورتحال کا سامنا ہے جیسا کہ اس سے قبل ملک کے دیگر علاقوں میں تحریک کے جلسوں کے دوران رہا۔ لیکن پی ٹی ایم کے ایک مرکزی رہنما محسن داوڑ نے ہفتہ کو وائس آف امریکہ کو بتایا کہ ان تمام مشکلات کے باوجود اتوار کے جلسے کے لیے وہ پرعزم ہیں اور اس کی تیاریاں تکمیل کے مراحل میں ہیں اور ان کے بقول اس میں لوگوں کی ایک بڑی تعداد کی شرکت متوقع ہے۔ ان کا کہنا تھا کہ سوات بھی ایک ایسا علاقہ ہے جہاں کے لوگ تکلیف سے گزر چکے ہیں اور یہاں سے متعدد بے گناہ لوگ جبری لاپتا ہیں۔ محسن داوڑ نے دعویٰ کیا کہ انتظامیہ نے انھیں جس گراؤنڈ میں جلسے کی اجازت نہیں دی تھی وہیں ہفتہ کو دوسرے لوگ جلسہ کر رہے ہیں جب کہ مبینہ طور پر ایک روز قبل علاقے میں ایسے پمفلٹ بھی تقسیم کیے گئے جن میں لوگوں کو پی ٹی ایم کے جلسے سے گمراہ کرنے کی کوشش کی گئی۔ "انتظامیہ کی طرف سے ظاہر سی بات ہے جس طرح ہم نے پہلے جلسے کیے ہیں اسی طرح یہاں بھی کافی مشکلات کھڑی کرنے کی ...

سیالکوٹ:بھارتی فوج کی بلااشتعال فائرنگ اورگولہ باری،2افراد شہید

ستمبر 14, 2017   |   فائل فوٹو سیالکوٹ :سیالکوٹ میں  بھارتی فوج کی ورکنگ باؤنڈری کے بجوات سیکٹر پر بلااشتعال فائرنگ اور گولہ باری سے 2افراد شہید اور3زخمی ہوگئے۔ پاک فوج کے شعبہ تعلقات عامہ (آئی ایس پی آر)کے مطابق،بھارتی فوج کی جانب سے سیز فائر معاہدے کی خلاف ورزیوں کا سلسلہ نہ رک سکا۔ گزشتہ رات بھارتی سیکیورٹی فورسزکی جانب سے بجوات سیکٹر پر بلااشتعال فائرنگ اورگولہ باری  کی گئی ،جس کے نتیجے میں گاؤں دیاروالی کا 45سالہ ظہورالہی اور کاھلیاں کی 60سالہ ریشماں بی بی شہید ہوگئے، جبکہ گاؤں ککراں کی سفرین بی بی، میراسلم اورغلام عباس شدید زخمی ہوگئے، زخمیوں کو طبی امداد کیلئے سی ایم ایچ منتقل کیا گیا۔ بھارتی فوج کی درندگی کے نتیجے میں متعدد مویشی بھی زخمی ہوئے،پنجاب رینجر کی جانب سے منہ توڑجواب کے بعد دشمن کی توپیں خاموش ہوگئیں